Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sticking it to Dell - Blog Roundup 11/13

I must apologize to my loyal readers (and even my disloyal ones) - I realize that my posting as of late has been limited. I'm sorry - I have been having serious computer problems, and I'm finally going to call Dell to yell at them (and get lots of free stuff!) later tonight.

In the past, I've had many problems with my computers from Dell - and yet, I'm still a fan of their products over other companies. Their customer support, however, is atrocious. As I feel customer support should be an integral part of any company, particularly one like Dell where customers often need the support, I have no qualms about "sticking it to them" when they have poor support. Perhaps I will write a post another time regarding my crazy - and somewhat pathetic (on Dell's part) - experiences, but suffice it to say they were appalling. I did, however, receive the following in return: A new computer; an 80-GB hard drive (instead of 40); paid only $68 for a $300 MP3 player; an external floppy drive; a couple mice; and more, but I can't remember what.

But I digress. Here's today's roundup:
I noted yesterday a "plethora of excellent posts" - if you haven't yet seen them, go check them out. They really were excellent.

Gil points to a couple of excellent posts by Joe Schick regarding the differences (and similarities) between the "left-wing haredim" and the "right-wing modern".

Avi over at Tel-Chai Nation has an eye-opening post on the French media. A particularly disturbing quote:
“Politics in France is heading to the right and I don’t want rightwing politicians back in second, or even first place because we showed burning cars on television,” Jean-Claude Dassier, the director general of the rolling news service TCI, says.
This, in a nation that obstensibly prides itself on its culturalism. The ugly truth about France is becoming obvious to many now.

Shoshana deserves a congratulations, and a commenter points out that her ramblings serve the very purposes she praises.

Stacey buys a lottery ticket, and gets really lucky.

Soccer Dad notes that feel-good stories should go two ways.

DovBear points to a number of posts about Yitzchak Rabin, 10 years after his assassination. I've only read Orthomom's so far, which was excellent.

Finally, RenReb has made it big - her posts are being studied as college homework!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Why do people stick with the familiar, even when it's faulty, and why don't you include me in your round up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a couple days ago! (Or at least I thought I did...)

    I choose a few posts a day - though I must admit, I tend to avoid ones I think might go into Haveil Havalim, because I don't want to take away from it. Yours often fall into that category.

    And with Dell it's not a matter of sticking with the familiar - I tend not to, otherwise - but rather a realization that when Dell products work, they are (to me) superior to their competitors.

    ReplyDelete