Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blogosphere Super-Extravaganza 11/29: Education

NOTE: This is just one of many parts of the SerandEz Blogosphere Extravaganza. For the main page, click here.

Education:
Jameel loved Steve Jobs' speech to Stanford University a few months ago. So do I.
I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That's it. No big deal. Just three stories.
Read the whole speech, tell me if you liked it as much as Jameel and I did.

Wolf muses on the slippery slope Lakewood schools' bans are heading on. As if they haven't messed up enough already. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, though I'm leaning toward 'cry'. Excerpt:
General Chinuch Guidlines:

-- In compliance with the warnings of the gedolim about the dangers of the internet, it is prohibited to have internet in your home (even if you feel that you have safeguarded against access by children). In the event that internet access is a business necessity, the computer must have a password and be physically locked. Additionally, the Yeshiva must be told that you have internet in the home.
Forget crying: That kind of stupidity makes me angry.

Batya feels that some students are better served with special academic "sports" programs, and that the systems for testing students have gone awry.
Back to Extravaganza Home

Technorati tags: , , , .

No comments:

Post a Comment