Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blog Roundup 11/15-16

Wednesday will likely be a slow blogging day, so please feel free to peruse the archives... I would really appreciate any suggestions and/or answers people may have for me for a couple of my recent posts: Welcome to the Blogosphere and Getting Back to Blogging. Thanks!!

Here's today's roundup:
Gene has an excellent post detailing the Jewish people's claim to the Land of Israel. While some of it may be old hat to many of us, I still found it interesting. But what should really get you over there is the reason he wrote it in the first place: Quite disturbing, if you read the first lines closely.

Edit Copy has an interesting post, particularly for someone who leans slightly left, on why the GOP's move yesterday was genius - an idea that I'm surprised more people haven't thought about.

Krum, LamedZayin, S., and ADDeRabbi have started a blog together called Maven Yavin. This should prove to be interesting, thoughtful, and thought-provoking. Good luck!

Jack tells his children what's important.

Best of the Web starts off with a shocking admission by Dean - one which doesn't surprise many of us.

Nephtuli makes a great point about the torture bill.

Orthomom liked Ushpizin... I gave my thumbs up over Sukkos. She explores aspects I didn't - good review! Maybe she has another occupation in the making... [note: What's with her "Check it out" comment at the end? Is she "stealing" it from someone? :) If so, what a compliment to that blogger!]

PsychoToddler has some video of his band playing with Shlock Rock - the sound is great!
Check it out. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Ezzie.

    I assume you're kidding about "check it out". Just for argument's sake, though, I did a search of my blog for the (really quite common) phrase. My first usage is way back in June.

    Check it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link.

    If anything, these quarterly reports before the Senate will make 2006 even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You own the phrase "check it out?" And you think it's a compliment when OrthoMom uses is? Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way, huh Ezzie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon (DB?!) - I think OM realized I was kidding. Why can't you? It's one of the most common phrases...

    :::sigh:::

    Copy Edit - Another point I should have mentioned: What happens when the quarterly reports show true progress!? Imagine if they come out anything like the WSJ's (orig: Chrenkoff) "Good News from Iraq" - the Dems may be in dire straits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope they show progress.

    I'm not sure that they will, but I hope they do.

    These reports can act with the effect of timetables. Produce or get out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering the progress that's already being made, I'm a bit more confident. The only issue I'm concerned with is their troop readiness, which is going slower than expected.

    ReplyDelete