Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tidbits

I've got a final in Advanced Accounting in a few hours, and I haven't yet had a chance to study [didn't feel well last night, slept from 7:30pm to 9:30am - normally I sleep 4-5 hours], so blogging today will be a bit slow. I'm curious as to what people think about Alito - not "will he overturn Roe", or "will he okay the NSA intercepts" - but whether he's qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice. I think the burden of proof, as he has been nominated with solid credentials and a 'highest qualified' rating from the American Bar Association, is on those who say he is not qualified.

So: 1) Is he qualified? 2) If no, why not? 3) Do you really care about it?

Instapundit points to Daniel Drezner, who's taking submissions for "dumbest comments from a Senator during the hearings". It's an impressive list on both sides, and really makes you wonder about our politicians.

Finally, I'm still looking for a job for February [which, for all of the time-oblivious, is very soon] - if anyone knows of a good accounting position, or a good accountant at a good firm, and wants to let them know there's a certain young accountant wanna-be looking for a job, that would be really, really cool. By the advice of approximately 90+% of the commenters from last time, I won't [at least for now] post my resume, but it's IM[biased]HO a good one and I can forward it upon request. Thanks! (And thanks to those who actually did this already - I really appreciate it!)

7 comments:

  1. Can I come for shabbat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you're better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of the dumbest..how about the most despicable quotes. Most of them cam from someone originally from Canarsie NY named today as Chukey Cheese (Schumer)Sewer. The guy was like a lawyer leading the witness with his inane questions. Most of which ended with "do you agree with this statement"? Then "do you know who said that"? What a moron..it was so obviously a grandstanding tactic he's so pathetic, how do people vote for such slime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't. But no one else had a chance. *Sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah - sure! I thought you were going to start writing stuff for this blog... nu?

    Irina - thanks.

    JBM - I can't remember if I did either - I think a lot of people said to, but I'm pretty sure I just skipped that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzie, are you looking for a full-time long-term position or something just for a semester?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MCAryeh - Either one, really. Both would have their advantages/disadvantages for us right now.

    ReplyDelete