Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Power of DVR (kind of like TIVO...)

It's off to watch Episodes 3 & 4 of 24. Our friend* tapes all the shows on DVR, which is basically like TiVo; this allows us to watch the shows straight without having to waste time on all the commercials. It makes the show faster, more intense, and shorter. In other words, it basically causes 24 watchers to get that much more drawn into the show and therefore almost have heart attacks everytime someone suddenly gets blown up or shot at.

And it is SO worth it. Start from Season 1, Episode 1. Betcha can't watch just one!

* Our friend is of the type who enjoys shows such as The Bachelor or Beauty & The Geek. She hates action, drama, and politics. After months of persuasion, we convinced her to watch one measly episode. Within months, she was caught up and watching Season 4. Heh. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jerusalemcop said...

    I cant watch 24 on tv at all. I don't know how anyone could watch it and wait a week between eps.

    1st season I saw on DVD, my roommate 9at the time, it was before I got married) and I watched the whole season over a two day period.

    2nd, 3rd and 4th I've seen downloaded at the end of the season. Took me probably a week on avg for each season.

    Cant wait for season 5 to end, so i can watch it.

    :)

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh - I hear that. A friend did that last year for Season 4... but that's easier in Israel, where they're behind anyway. In the US, it's almost impossible to avoid seeing or hearing something about the season which may ruin it.

    ReplyDelete