RightWingNews has the 40 most obnoxious quotes of 2005. They're quite depressing actually: To think that people actually meant what they said in some of these comments is somewhat horrifying. Some choice picks:
24) "I felt like a n*gger." -- Ralph Nader on his run at the presidency in 2004.
17) "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry." -- Louis Farrakhan speculates that New Orleans was deliberately floodedThere's more:
12) "In contrast to New Orleans, there was only minimal looting after the horrendous 1995 earthquake in Kobe, Japan—because, when you get down to it, Japanese aren't blacks." -- Steve Sailer
7) "George Bush doesn't care about black people...They're giving the Army permission to go down and shoot us." -- Kayne West on the rescue efforts in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina
2) "If I had my way, I would see Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell strapped down to electric chairs and lit up like Christmas trees. The better to light the way for American Democracy and American Freedom!" -- Democratic Talk Radio's Stephen Crockett
1) "Real freedom will come when [U.S.] soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors." -- Warren County Community College adjunct English professor, John DalySick. Check them all out.
Technorati tags: Top, Quotes, 2005.
You're right. Kanye West's statement was definitely wrong.ReplyDelete
What he should of said is that George Bush doesn't care about poor people. Or any people who don't personally enrich him or his venal administration.
I mean, really, what else can be said about an administration that ships home -AS FREIGHT- American soldiers killed in Iraq? Or leaves the people of New Orleans to come home and find their own loved ones dead on the floor weeks after Katrina?
What he should of said is that George Bush doesn't care about poor people. Or any people who don't personally enrich him or his venal administration.ReplyDelete
Nice rhetoric. Any proof? So far, every piece of evidence that has come from Katrina has been the complete opposite of the news reports that came out originally... and I'm not sure what you're complaining about with the dead soldiers: Would you prefer they prop them up in first class? I've never heard anyone complain about the excellent treatment the US has for its dead.