Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Pareve Mesorahs

This Sunday is the Orthodox Union's "Ask OU" Mesorah Conference II: The Pareve Mesorahs, to be hosted at my almost alma mater, the Lander College for Men - for both men and women. For details, click on the link or the question mark.

So why am I bringing this up? Well, there will be interesting speakers, including an old family friend whom I haven't seen in a long time. But I also know of at least a couple of bloggers and commenters who told me they are planning on coming as well. If you are too, let me know! I live down the block, so I should be at the least stopping in for a bit.

So who's comin'? :)

7 comments:

  1. Paula and I will be there!

    BTW is there a morning minyan beforehand? If so, what time? And is there a mechitzah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lander davens 7:45, but during the week there's almost never a mechitza. *If* they leave the one up from Shabbos in anticipation for this, there could be one - but I wouldn't assume as much.

    (And I knew you were coming already. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an interesting conference.
    if the lectures are recorded and put online somewhere can you let me know? am not exactly in the area to be able to get to any of the talks.
    shabbat shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to be there, iy"H.

    How will we find/recognize each other ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. See the guy in the picture to the right? Kinda like that, but fatter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was the OU conference? It was a difficult choice between the conference and my annual trek to the SOY seforim sale. BTW, I ran into your father in law at the NCSY alumni gathering Motzaei Shabbos.

    ReplyDelete