You have to wonder what Ezzie was thinking when he asked for this "innocuous" message to be put up. Like, hello?! How obvious can you get? Ezzie -- there's no way you're going to be planning this meeting next year.
As a result of this poorly planned sign, the following crowd waited on line in the parking lot...trying to get a glimpse of some of the famous, big name bloggers who showed up.
As could be expected by Ezzie's poor management skills, Orthomom and RenReb finished off all the cookies and ice cream before the meetings even got started.
This is a JBLOGGER meeting for G-d's sake! People come to EAT!
And RenReb - next time, you don't have to eat in the parking lot, surrounded by all the paparazzi trying to get a picture of you in your tinted window Hummer. It was hard holding them at a safe distance to give you some privacy.
Some of the following important topics were discussed:
1. Why wasn't there enough ice cream to go around?
2. Why aren't there more hits to the JBLOGOSPHERE blog?
3. What kugel is being served at tonight's meeting.
4. Alternative names for Jameel's blog.
5. Discussion on Speilberg's proposed "JBlogosphere - The Final Frontier (chapter IV)" and which actors would play which bloggers.
6. Brick thrown through window by an angry Jakartan demonstrator outside -- apparently he confused us with the OTHER JBlogosphere secret meeting down the block. (in the shteibel)
7. Screening of the movie, "Only Human"
8. Maariv...off to bed.
Ezzie, I trust you'll give us a wrap up of today's session...thanks.
So there's no food problems at such an event next time, you really should have informed the Kosher Cooking Carnival Catering Company. We cater for the JBlogosphere...all the Kosher food you can eat cos it isn't a Jewish function without food!ReplyDelete
Sarah: I totally agree.ReplyDelete
Again, the responsibility for this was purely that of Ezzie's.
Next time, I'll have to arrange it. We all learn from our mistakes.
It wasn't a brick, it was a rather large rock and it wasn't thrown, it was carefully tossed.
Long Live Jakarta!!
David: Could be...I should have tried to put myself in their shoes.ReplyDelete
Actually, I just checked out their shoes. I'd rather not.
Didjya notice that Ezzie has been strangely silent this morning?
Yooo Hooo -- Ezzie!!!! Time to wake up! I guess you must have partied last night when the rest of us went to sleep...
I want to know which actors' names were suggested for playing which bloggers - I suggest Tom Hanks as Jack.ReplyDelete
Ice cream...always an issueReplyDelete
Shoshana: Another name we thought of for Jack was Jim Belushi.ReplyDelete
Sounds like it was fun, sorry I couldn't be there, but did you like my filmed acceptance speech for the 'Bloskars'?ReplyDelete
Jameel, you crack me up.
Per #3: Potato Kugel all the way. Googlefight it against any other kugel, and it always wins.ReplyDelete
Jameel, Jameel... that was NOT me who put up the sign. It was Mis-Nagid. He's the only one who goes to church!ReplyDelete
That crowd WAS crazy! After a while, they realized they'd be better off if they actually commented on the blogs, and it was pretty funny to see 50,000 people live-blogging a blogger meeting from outside.
We have *got* to teach RenReb how to park. She blocked off 6 spots! To top it off, Orthomom double-parked next to her so she could get to the ice cream faster. Sick.
By the way, this is what we determined from those discussions:
1) There's no ice cream because RR and OM hoarded it. (Duh.)
2) There aren't more hits because even when people discuss it, they forget to put in a LINK!!! (AHEM!!!)
3) Potato, duh. This resulted in a nasty fight between DovBear and GodolHador, but they were going to do that anyway.
4) Ja Mi at Tianamen, Jamail at the Border, and Johnny at Gitmo. None of them went over well.
5) That's a whole 'nother post.
6) No, there was no confusion. It was actually directed at Jameel for that Manilla post he wrote a while back.
8) It was really funny when we were trying to make the minyan - GH didn't want to be counted, Mis-Nagid did, and RenReb was pissed off because we wanted to use the room everyone was sitting in. Good times, good times.
So thats why Dovbear doesn't get along with Ezzie.ReplyDelete
Ezzie is nothing but a closet Baptist, and is obviously trying to do some kiruv work for the church by concocting some fake "Secret Blogger Meeting."
Shame, Shame, Shame Ezzie. Is this what Yeshu would do?
"Fake but Accurate News from a Secret J-blogger meeting".ReplyDelete
That's an absolutely hilarious post! : D
HH - No, no, no. You're not reading - it was Mis-Nagid! HE's the closet Baptist - he gets everyone to throw off Judaism, and then when they realize that life sucks without anything to live for, he says "Hey, Baptism is really easy - just come with me!"ReplyDelete
Always blaming the heretics huh? Its time to come out of the closet Ezzie. The wheather is fine.
Ezzie; Email me your notes on the actors for each blogger, so we can write about it tomorrow. Everyone's curious now.ReplyDelete
(Sheesh, that was some meeting)
HH - Don't you know? Everything is the fault of the heretics. :)ReplyDelete
Jameel - *Someone* got kugel grease all over them, but I'll try.
That is a riot!!!ReplyDelete
Look what you started.
The KCCCC does a variety of kugels including potato (sweet and plain), noodle (sweet Yerushalmi and salty like my grandmother used to make) as well as a variety of others to satisfy every JBlogger. And ice cream.ReplyDelete
What about ice cream kugel!? :)ReplyDelete
that's what happens when you forget to take it out of the freezer in time for the mealReplyDelete
"that was NOT me who put up the sign. It was Mis-Nagid. He's the only one who goes to church!"ReplyDelete
Lies, damn lies, and cladistics. ;-)
Everyone knows that only irreligious people lie. :PReplyDelete
This is a riot! (Yeah, with all those bloggers in one place, and not enough ice cream, they're rioting, all right! :) ) LOL!ReplyDelete