Pages

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tichel Me Flattered

When I first started this blog, I put up Google Ads. I wasn't thrilled with how they looked, and it's not as if anyone was clicking on ads for "Hebrew Bookstore" or "Liberal T-Shirts" or whatever else came up by Google 'reading' my blog, so I got rid of them.

A number of months ago, my dear wife Serach asked me why I wouldn't advertise for her on my blog. I wasn't too comfortable with the idea, to be honest, and was under the impression that such actions are not exactly allowed on Blogger (unless they were GoogleAds).

Last week, another blogger invited me to join BlogAds. I'd recently been rethinking my feelings on advertising on the blog, especially in light of seeing BlogAds on many blogs, including Hirhurim. I can't seem to find the rules that specify what ads one cannot have on Blogger, but it seems that BlogAds is quite common, and I have reason to believe it's allowed.

To make a rambling story short, I accepted the invitation to join BlogAds. I then put up a small ad for the tichels my wife sells... and if you want to know any more about them, please contact her directly at serachnezzie at verizon dot net. I only know that she sells them at substantially lower prices than stores around New York City do, and people seem to like them. [Side note: If you're an anonymous blogger, Serach doesn't read blogs. She knows the names of a few, but only because I've mentioned them. If you contacted her with your real name, I can't imagine that she'd figure out what blog is yours.] And, though I feel it is pathetic that I need to say this, assuming we are required to pay taxes in 2006, any income would be reported. Wow, I feel dirty just for feeling it necessary to write that.

Anyways, now that I have BlogAds, if someone would like to advertise here on SerandEz they are welcome to submit ads by clicking on the links provided. All ads are subject to my approval.

As always, I am also willing to post about worthwhile ventures or advertise for them for free if I feel that it makes sense for me to do so. This does not mean that I will post for tons of tzedaka organizations simply because they need it - such posting has no worthwhile effect. But a few people in the past have contacted me politely via e-mail about discussing different organizations, and (for example) I will be writing about one of them in the near future. This organization also had another blogger I've met and trust contact me to give his own take on them, and I know many people who think highly of them. That is the proper way to go about such a request.

Sorry for the rambling post. It's late, and I need a shower. The wedding had four dance sets - which just shows you what a great time everyone was having. We were there for over 7 hours (normal is about 5). It was awesome. :)

7 comments:

  1. I think this could work, considering that some of your readers are not living in the US, we might get to hear about an important organization, or one that benefits a cause that lies close to our hearts, of which we've never heard before.
    And well, you can never have a large enough choice of Tichelechs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea - but i think she really needs a website so people can click to the site and see pictures without emailing her for them. i think google has an easy website setup thing ... or just make her a blog, ezzie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pragmat - True, I didn't even think about that aspect...

    Anon - True. I'll have to see about setting that up in the near future, when I have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ezzei, glad to know about you blogads and business. I run a blog for advertisers and bloggers.

    I need your little favour. Will you be kind enough to sponsor or send me an invitaion link to blogads?

    My emailaddress is atiq.press@gmail.com

    This will help me running my blog.

    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There,

    I don't mean to sound forward but I was wondering if you have any blogads invites you would like to pass on to a fellow blogger? I have been wanting to place blogads on my site and get rid of the google ads as well, I hate the ads google places on my blog... Anyway, just thought I would ask.

    Thanks!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete