Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Censored

I was going to write a sad post about something that happened to a good friend, but Serach asked me not to, and she's probably right.

Instead, I'll post about today's happier events. We went to a very nice engagement party of one of Serach's best friends, Kickboxer, in Passaic tonight. It was really nice without being gaudy or showy or anything of the sort. They didn't waste money on tons of food or the like, and it was a nice simcha even if I knew about 5 people who were there including the couple we came with.

As I mentioned earlier, I accepted a position at a very good accounting firm. The firm is worldwide, and I will be working at one of their branches in Manhattan. I start in September, which means we have a few months to look for a larger apartment here in Kew Gardens Hills... along with everybody else. I think that no less than a dozen individuals and groups of people have asked us about apartments around here in the past two weeks, ranging from a guy looking for a little basement apartment for himself to four girls looking for a large 3-4 bedroom place. The upside is that a lot of people we know (and like) will be living right near us next year, including many really close friends.

A good friend of mine who lives in KGH with his wife and baby had a great reaction to the news. He'd been trying to convince us to stay in New York for another couple of years, as he just finished his first year of law school, and he doesn't know too many people in the neighborhood right now, as a few of our friends finished college and are moving away. Serach ran into him at the bus stop on Queens Boulevard, and...
Serach: Guess what! Ezzie just got a job offer and accepted it!

DG: Really!? Where is it?

Ser: It's at a large firm called -

DG (interrupting): I don't care what it's called! WHERE IS IT?! Baltimore, LA, New York...

Ser: Oh, it's in the city.

DG: So you're staying!

Ser: Ye-

DG: YESSSSS!!!!! Thank God. That's awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
(Okay, maybe you need to know him.)

14 comments:

  1. There's a two-bedroom available in my building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DK - Thanks! I was actually about to call you today, then got busy...

    Ayelet - Thanks! Serach had just said earlier that I should email you tonight...

    EK - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel tov, Ezzie and Serach!! Although - in a pinch, at least you could stay where you are, right?

    I tried to post this seemingly all day and blogger was down. So I went to work and got 3 hours of sleep - this is the time to post - the system is much less sluggish! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger was down all day... now it's fixed. (Maybe)

    Thanks! In a pinch, we could remain where we are, yes. But some people favor moving...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazel tov Ezzie - great news. I guess looking for apartments in Jewish neighborhoods is the same all over. Our son was in a crib in the living room until we made aliyah because it was so hard finding a two bedroom apartment...Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think DG deserves some credit for your job since the day before he was telling me how much he wishes that you get a good job. So, if anyone is due that 20 per cent, DG's your man. Law school tuition is not cheap and neither are diapers.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all!

    WBM - See, I'm totally fine with the living room crib. Serach, though, is not... :)

    David - :P

    Trust me, I know. I bought a pack of diapers yesterday: $14.99!!! Crazy.

    But DG will be fine. He's got great people to learn from at a great summer job, so I'm sure he'll find a top job out of law school. Right? :) [And I'm not referring to the DA's office!]

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking in israel is just as impossible...we've got an awesome place 67 steps up!so basically we gotta go.

    oh and our baby sleeps in the living room now-thats where the ac is...

    ReplyDelete