Pages

Monday, June 19, 2006

American English: You Say Ca-ra-mel...

(Hat tip: RandomSpewage)

An old Cleveland friend found this somewhere deep in the PsychoToddler archives, but it's perfect for this post from yesterday, so...
Your Linguistic Profile::
50% General American English
30% Yankee
15% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern
Just to clarify, we drink soda, which usually is Coke; in school, we drank from a water fountain [but freshies got "bubbly rides"]; and most people wear sneakers for sports. Tennis players wear tennis shoes. People are weird. Who carries groceries in a sack?! Then you look like Santa Claus... not that there's anything wrong with that. It's not as bad as putting your groceries on top of your baby in a carriage, that's for certain.

10 comments:

  1. Hehe. :) I didn't even notice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i tried that quiz but they didn't have "none of the above" as answers to half the questions so i had to leave out half the questions because I don't actually speak 'american english'. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to this quiz, I guess I'm a tried and true Yankee!

    How you doin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you learned it from me, I had the same profile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh Mom. :)

    Sarah - :P Ah, those Aussies...

    Kasamba - Who knew that Brits were such Yanks?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's what I got for my Canadian accent:

    ***Your Linguistic Profile:***

    55% General American English

    25% Yankee

    10% Dixie

    5% Midwestern

    0% Upper Midwestern

    What the h___?

    I also noticed they didn't ask what you call a case of beer and give a "two-four" as an option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PT - Heh. :)

    Avrom - Hmm, maybe it's skewed... or you're not really Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's what I got for my "Bawlmore" accent

    ***Your Linguistic Profile:***

    45% General American English

    25% Dixie

    25% Yankee

    0% Midwestern

    0% Upper Midwestern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, that south of the Mason-Dixon line accent... :)

    ReplyDelete