Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pissed Off

I have no way of expressing just how bothered I am not only by the attack this morning which killed 2 Israeli soldiers, injured 6, and resulted in another being kidnapped, but by everything that surrounds it - from the disengagement to the lack of a military response to a weak IDF to Olmert to Peretz to the news media to the sickos who give credence to claims it was retaliation for recent takeouts of terrorists when it was clearly planned for a long time to just about everything. That there are still people - particularly Jewish bloggers - who still give the benefit of the doubt to the Palestinians always and the Israelis never, that blame Israel for attacks against Jews and not the Palestinians, that call out Israel for not having 100% perfect precision when they try their hardest to avoid civilians while never calling out the terrorists for attacking them, disgusts me.

One argument oft-repeated is that we must always look out for the underdog, because they will otherwise be trampled. Well in this case, since every single $%&^ing country and news media organization in the world is looking out for the Palestinians, how about looking out for your brethren who are being murdered for once!? How about acknowledging that a terrorist attack has nothing to do with the targeted killing of a guy from a week ago, when the tunnel used took months to dig? How about NOT equivocating for once, calling it part of a cycle of violence or some other such crap?! How about stating once and for all that these terrorists are sick, sick people who deserve to die, and not any Israeli? A terror attack does not need to kill anyone to be a terror attack. Why the hell don't people realize that!?

I can't continue on this. Read WestBankMama's post. Excerpt:
Believing that the Holocaust was the justification for the State of Israel sets up a sort of macabre installment plan, where Israel is only supported as long as we produce dead Jews.

This fundamental flaw in attitude is shared by too many Jews, both in the Diaspora and in Israel, and it colors how people react to current events such as those of last week.

It causes many, when confronted with the injustice of the one-sided portrayal of the anti-Israel media, to "forget" what is cropped out of the picture. In the case of Sderot, this is the hundreds of kassams that were launched against the civilians in this city. After all, this thinking continues, noone was killed there recently. Without a body, Israel seemingly loses its right to defend itself.
Read the whole thing. Other great posts worth reading...

Trep's rants:

Yet our government can only wag its finger and warn that the next attack... the very next one... will require a strong response. I honestly don't know anymore if I'm reading our press releases or Saeb Erikat's! Oh I know... the main difference is that the Palestinians are actually making good on their promises.

I'm a moderate. I'm a centrist. I'm open minded. I've listened and nodded my head as friends who voted for the current government told me about how things would be different this time. If we would just leave Gaza we would have the freedom to act. If we just give them more confidence building measures and let them elect the government they want we will finally have a partner with whom to negotiate.

F*ck that... and f*ck you if you think I'm going to stay stupid forever!

Joe's lesson:
As far as I am concerned, the lesson of today is that not a single Right winger should be forced to die because of the stupidity of the Left and their leadership.

Since Oslo we have been trying to fight the open stupidity and submission of the Left to Arab terror. Yet we have been denigrated, ignored, beaten, ill-treated by the legal system, deported, and told to be good Victims of Peace.
Argh.

11 comments:

  1. It's OK - the stupid Israeli public will forget this in 2 days, as they have to think about the Mondial.

    Who cares about dead Jews?

    Not Israelis.

    Only a few people living in Israel care - just look at who elected the Kadima/Labor coalition and how they respond. They are simply doing what they were voted into office to do. Nothing at all.

    As they like saying in Israel, "איפוק=כח"

    Stupid fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moshe, as an Israeli, I resent that, and that's completely insulting to an entire population. Who do you think you are to speak for us? If you're Israeli, I'm sorry you're so embittered, but you don't speak for me, and that statement is certainly in poor taste.

    Ez, the IDF is NOT weak. Remember, a military is only an extension of the government who leads it. It doesn't act independently and of its own accord. It answer to the government. This government is WEAK. If Smolmert and Co. would decide to finally unleash the wrath as he should, you would very well see how wrong you are. Unfortunately, that won't happen because Smolmert and Co. are exactly the people governing that military.
    -OC

    ReplyDelete
  3. OC:
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I may or may not be Israeli - I don't think that plays any role here.

    You might be in the minority who is optimistic - I just call the shots as I see them.

    I see the majority of Israeli society as being petty and weak willed, following stupid leaders blindly, and willing to vote those same leaders into office for no reason other than them being offered candies.

    While it may sound harsh, that is the reality. You may not be in the kadima/labor mindset, but a HUGE number of Israelis are.

    Let me tell you about a disscussion I had with a Jerusalem municipality פקח. His name is Avner Shimoni and his badge number is 369. You can go look him up - he truly exists. I had a conversation with him about the disengagement. He informed me that he was pro the disengagement, and when I inquired as to why, he told me that he does not feel that children should have to go to school in APC's. (I guess he thought that children went to school in APCs in Gush Katif.)

    When I questioned him about the danger in letting terrorists rule a portion of land so close to Israel, he calmly replied, "The minute they lift so much as a finger against us, we'll bomb them to bits. Everyone will understand that we are simply protecting ourselves".

    Of course, Mr. Avner Shimoni was incorrect, and we did not blow anyone to bits after they bombed us - we just held ourselves back. The story goes on and on and on, and if you think that the Israelis have changed their minds, I think that you are sadly mistaken. Yes, religious Jews in Israel feel differently, but religious Jews are a distinct minority in Israel.

    So, I'll continue calling the shots as I see them. Israeli's have become a pathetic people, with no spine, courage or self respect. Obviously, there are exceptions, but most people are just tired, and willing to indulge in anything in order to forget their troubles and pretend they don't exist.

    As I said, just give the Israelis the Mondail and they'll forget everything else going on in the country - it isn't more important than the Football World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link Ezzie. I wanted to write this post for a few days - it took me that long to control my anger and write coherently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More stupidity from oleh chadash who has absolutely no clue about anything.
    When moshe says Israelis are stupid and apatheti he's talking about you who thought that the government would actually release the mighty IDF to avenge us if "one rocket lands in Israeli territory."

    Go buy a bridge, you're a deportation supporter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OC - I have to agree with Moshe on this one. People like yourself (or Moshe) are *not* representative of the typical Israeli. Period.

    Anon - Watch the name-calling and put-downs. That's unacceptable here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moshe, if you're right, then, maybe when the first Katyusha rocket falls in Gush Dan, then maybe the people will wake up. I don't know. Maybe, it's a decade and a half of Oslo withdrawal. Who knows? You may be right in some ways, but I'm not about to speak for a whole country. I didn't vote for Kadima, you're right. Maybe, I got so angry with you because like wbm, I feel impotent and helpless over this whole thing. Like your cop friend, I, maybe naively, believed Sharon's words also. I have repeatedly admitted that I'm jaded and disheartened of everything that has happened since the Disengagement. So, Moshe, I will concede to some of what you are saying, because you have explained your position in more depth. If what you're saying is true, G-d forbid what it's going to take to wake the country up.
    -OC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post.Finally something positive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OC - I still feel that Sharon would be responding *very* differently than Olmert is. People trusted Sharon - not Olmert.

    KM - Thank you.

    Rebecca - Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ez, that's not necessarily true since rockets were flying into Sderot and the Western Negev months before Sharon went into his coma, and he didn't really do anything about it. Granted, I don't think he would have let it get this bad, but the whole domino effect that led to this was the fact that Sharon did NOT keep his word when he said that the first rocket to fly into Israel after the Disengagement would be an official act of war, and we would respond accordingly. That response never came, and it has led to this. Empty words lead to more violence. Restraint leads to boldness and hope for the enemy. If Sharon had kept his word, none of this would have happened. Yes, Sharon is ten times the man and leader that Olmert is, but he failed to do his job also.
    -OC

    ReplyDelete
  11. OC - I had a feeling you'd say that, but that's not quite true. I actually wrote a post then about Sharon's quick, forceful response to some of the first few rockets. Granted, he then stayed in check until the coma, but the rockets were very few and very far in between, and Israel seemed ready to go in at a moment's notice. There was not all that much time between the final stages of the disengagement and his stroke, and I feel there's no way he would have let any barrages like Olmert has.

    There's also a difference in that Sharon was trying to win the election from the left at the time, which I still think was a brilliant strategic move. I think that his response would have increased dramatically after winning the elections.

    (I don't know if you recall, but I wrote a whole post about this a while back. He'd have had the backing of 3/4 of the Knesset to carry out attacks in response... etc. I can dig it up if you'd like.)

    ReplyDelete