Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

Ima's Tips & Other Help

Someone e-mailed me about a new website which I found intriguing, and I asked her to write a short blurb about the site. This is what she wrote:
Years ago, I read a book called "I Heard it Through the Playground". It was an interesting parenting book - a collection of tried-and-tested tips submitted by many different parents, organized by topic. The concept was appealing, but the content was barely relevant to me. I was beyond the need for advice about feeding a baby or treating diaper rash.

But I would really appreciate tips on matters that come up in our families, but would never be found in a standard parenting book: How do you handle a "late Shabbos"? How can I juggle the demands of a large family? What advice can you give me to keep my young children safe while the menorah is lit?

That is the goal of Ima's Tips, http://imastips.googlepages.com/home
which is being used to collect practical advice from online "Ima"s.

What works for you? What tips can you pass on to other busy Imas? If you have a suggestion, please send it to imastips@gmail.com to post it.
On a different but similar note, Shoshana Siegelman wrote an interesting post on peer counseling at BeyondBT. It's worth checking out.

1 comment: