The main posts voting page is here.
Before I even begin, let me point to one group I've dubbed The Crying Zone. Best Overall Group F has a number of amazing posts that will have you crying your eyes out. It is posts like these that are at the heart of the J-blogosphere.
I'm also flattered and happy to announce that four posts from this blog were nominated - three of them by Pobody's Nerfect and one by me. In Best Overall Group C, Pobody has two nominations: Pobody Ever Needs to be Nerfect and Sensitivities... or the Lack Thereof. Personally, I prefer the latter, but it seems others so far prefer the former. In Best Jewish Religious Group B, my own A Hitch & A Prayer was nominated, but I think Pobody's Metamorphosis of a Teenage Punk is far better. Also, the How I Met Serach series [in the sidebar] was nominated in Best Series Group B.
And now, on to the picks:
Check out the posts and the blogs of the people who wrote them, and of course, don't forget to vote! Enjoy!
- Group B - Jack's Israel Meme which reminisces over his time there.
- Group C - Pobody's Nerfect
- Group D - Chana's Off the Derech over Ben Avuyah's Memoirs of a Yeshiva Misfit IV and Wolf's What Judaism is About. Jacob da Jew's Our Children's Education: A Robin Hood Affair was excellent, too.
- Group E - Irina's Preamble to the Rest of my Life, particularly the second half.
- Group F - I finally went with DAG's I Still Love You More than Life Itself. Again, this is easily the best group overall.
- Jewish Religious
- Group A - R' Gil's You Might be Modern Orthodox if... over DovBear's 10 things every Jew should know.
- Group B - Pobody's Nerfect
- Group C - Off the Derech again.
- Group D - Scraps' Proud Member of the Tribe.
- Group A - DovBear's Minhag Shtus? is funny and pointed at the same time.
- Group B - Bari's The 9/11 Scenario in Halacha
- Group A - FrumSatire's I Went on my first Singles' Weekend and it was hilarious!
- Group B - Shifra's (at Jameel's) barely beat her own Mars & Venus on an Erev ShabbosChol HaMoed at Six Flags Part II (with Hot Chanie) and Jameel's Elvis the Drug Dealer.
- Group C - Yehuda's Speed Dating at Haveil Havalim.
- Group A - Treppenwitz' It's Islam, Stupid over SoccerDad's Cohen's Mistake.
- Group B - Yehuda's Pallywood.
- Group A - Veteran's Day 2006.
- Group B - Ben Avuyah's Memoirs of a Yeshiva Misfit Part III.
- Live Event Coverage
- Group A - IsraellyCool's Live-Blogging the War over Canonist's Orthomom Hearing.
- Group B - Chana's fascinating History, Truth, & Religious Commitment with R' Jacob J. Schachter .
- Group A - Seraphic Secret's How I Married Karen, which is part of what spurred me to write about...
- Group B - How I Met Serach.
- Group C - SoccerDad's series on the Poisoned Ivies.
- Jewish Music
- I actually blew this one, voting for the good post by DAG - MBD & Fried speak about copying: Stick to singing, guys - but meaning to vote for BeyondBT's The Seeds of Teshuva of a Nascent Rock Star, which has a great, great song.
- Picture or Video in a Post
- Temunot [by David Linn]'s Amona.