Of all the sections of the JIBs, I think the most important section is "Best Contribution to the J-Blogosphere". There are a number of great blogs there that really bring something to the table that the rest of us don't. My personal favorites excluding the wonderful carnivals, in alphabetical order:
Check these and other nominees out, and enjoy the JIBs!
- Ha'azina Tefilati - In her own words:I cope or struggle (depending on the day) with what was diagnosed after many years of misdiagnoses as Bipolar II disorder (heavy on the depression, not nearly enough mania), anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. ... All of it impacts my relationship with G-d, not to mention others around me.I think it's important not only for her, but for others who struggle with any form of depression, to know that there are other people who struggle as well. Hopefully, her blog will continue to help not only her, but others as well.
I hope and pray, with G-d's help, to find some clarity, direction, support, and guidance.
- Jewish Blog Definitions - Exactly what it says, and always being added to. A great guide for the uninitiated.
- Kindness Happens - SweetRose's Shoshana started this, and anyone can join to tell over their stories of kindness - from everyday acts of kindness they experience to the extraordinary ones. Just one of those blogs that show that there's some light out there, too.
- Orthonomics - Sephardi Lady discusses a number of subjects, but the primary one is Jewish economics. Her advice and commentary are excellent, and she's getting at core spending and saving issues in the frum community that nobody else really does.
- Our Kids Speak - Another blog to make you smile, started by PsychoToddler. Just a collection of cute and funny stories about people's kids and what they say.
- R' Horowitz - R' Yakov Horowitz mostly discusses education, occasionally branching out to other subjects such as raising children. He is slowly helping to reshape Orthodox Jewish education as we know it, particularly in the yeshivish community - and seems to be making some ground.