The main posts voting page is here.
Before I even begin, let me point to one group I've dubbed The Crying Zone. Best Overall Group F has a number of amazing posts that will have you crying your eyes out. It is posts like these that are at the heart of the J-blogosphere.
I'm also flattered and happy to announce that four posts from this blog were nominated - three of them by Pobody's Nerfect and one by me. In Best Overall Group C, Pobody has two nominations: Pobody Ever Needs to be Nerfect and Sensitivities... or the Lack Thereof. Personally, I prefer the latter, but it seems others so far prefer the former. In Best Jewish Religious Group B, my own A Hitch & A Prayer was nominated, but I think Pobody's Metamorphosis of a Teenage Punk is far better. Also, the How I Met Serach series [in the sidebar] was nominated in Best Series Group B.
And now, on to the picks:
Check out the posts and the blogs of the people who wrote them, and of course, don't forget to vote! Enjoy!
- Group A - Treppenwitz's A Difficult Lesson over BeyondBT's Financial Realities in the Frum World.
- Group B - Jack's Israel Meme which reminisces over his time there.
- Group C - Pobody's Nerfect
- Group D - Chana's Off the Derech over Ben Avuyah's Memoirs of a Yeshiva Misfit IV and Wolf's What Judaism is About. Jacob da Jew's Our Children's Education: A Robin Hood Affair was excellent, too.
- Group E - Irina's Preamble to the Rest of my Life, particularly the second half.
- Group F - I finally went with DAG's I Still Love You More than Life Itself. Again, this is easily the best group overall.
- Jewish Religious
- Group A - R' Gil's You Might be Modern Orthodox if... over DovBear's 10 things every Jew should know.
- Group B - Pobody's Nerfect
- Group C - Off the Derech again.
- Group D - Scraps' Proud Member of the Tribe.
- Group A - DovBear's Minhag Shtus? is funny and pointed at the same time.
- Group B - Bari's The 9/11 Scenario in Halacha
- Group A - TownCrier's Veteran's Day 2006
- Group B - ADDeRabbi's The RCA Conversion Scandal
- Group A - FrumSatire's I Went on my first Singles' Weekend and it was hilarious!
- Group B - Shifra's (at Jameel's) barely beat her own Mars & Venus on an Erev ShabbosChol HaMoed at Six Flags Part II (with Hot Chanie) and Jameel's Elvis the Drug Dealer.
- Group C - Yehuda's Speed Dating at Haveil Havalim.
- Group A - Treppenwitz' It's Islam, Stupid over SoccerDad's Cohen's Mistake.
- Group B - Yehuda's Pallywood.
- Group A - Veteran's Day 2006.
- Group B - Ben Avuyah's Memoirs of a Yeshiva Misfit Part III.
- Live Event Coverage
- Group A - IsraellyCool's Live-Blogging the War over Canonist's Orthomom Hearing.
- Group B - Chana's fascinating History, Truth, & Religious Commitment with R' Jacob J. Schachter .
- Group A - Seraphic Secret's How I Married Karen, which is part of what spurred me to write about...
- Group B - How I Met Serach.
- Group C - SoccerDad's series on the Poisoned Ivies.
- Jewish Music
- I actually blew this one, voting for the good post by DAG - MBD & Fried speak about copying: Stick to singing, guys - but meaning to vote for BeyondBT's The Seeds of Teshuva of a Nascent Rock Star, which has a great, great song.
- Picture or Video in a Post
- Temunot [by David Linn]'s Amona.
Hey, keep this up, and you can be nominated for best series for your "Ezzies JIB Picks" in next years JIB awards.ReplyDelete
Ezz.....thanks for the vote of confidence....and that other vote too....ReplyDelete
Eziie - Great picks all.ReplyDelete
That is the real beauty of the JIBs - to be able to discover all these amazing posts you might otherwise have missed.
Glad to have discovered this blog.