Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ode to a Goldfish

When I was in Israel, I had the honor of having a fish named for me. Its name: Ezzie Goldfish. (The guys in the room next door were original thinkers.) Ezzie Goldfish was a well-fed fish, and managed to live a wonderful 7 months or so before finally passing on from this world... upon which he was treated quite gruesomely, from what I hear, but that's another story.

Today, I was informed of another - slightly different - thing I was named after... or not, as the case may be:
Pobody's Nerfect: [cousin of Serach's] has a tamagachi named lizzie and tonight it had a baby boy so she named it... ezzie!
Ez: LOL!!! as long as it doesn't die...
i'm flattered
Pobody's Nerfect: but she said it wasnt named after u
Ez: what?!
Pobody's Nerfect :(
Ez: who was it for?!
does she know any other ezzie's?
Pobody's Nerfect: it sounded like lizzie i guess
Ez: hmph
Honestly, I forgot what a Tamagotchi was. I thought it was some kind of lizard. But I know that it was really named for me. I just hope it doesn't die...

1 comment: