Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2006

J-Blogosphere on Wikipedia

Irina's idea comes to fruition, courtesy of another J-blogger [not sure if he/she wants me to say whom]. The more people who get involved and add to it, the better - please follow Wiki's rules and guidelines, and be sure to write from a balanced perspective.

Now, go Wiki something!

UPDATE: You do not need to be all that computer-literate or Wiki-familiar to help. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I read the basic tutorials on Wikipedia (which are very helpful) and added a few sentences and links. You can do it, too - all help is appreciated. If you mess up a bit, don't worry - it's easy to fix, and even if you can't figure out how to fix it, someone else may be able to.

17 comments:

  1. thanks. i went there. but i'm not comp lit enough to know how to add. oh well. still, it's cool. and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! the j-blogosphere is now "official"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaJew - neither am I, but I read the basic tutorials and added a bit. You could always do your best, and perhaps others will edit it...

    Sarah - In case it wasn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Maybe people should work on more important wiki articles like that stub about HaRav Steinman rather than to waste their time writing about the JBlogging-sefira. I dunno. Who am I to tell people what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes sense to have J-bloggers start with something they're far more familiar with - if that then expands to other Jewish Wiki pieces, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The following has nothing to do with your post, Ezzie.

    I just wanted to wish Serach her first HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! (and many more in good health and happiness) Ezzie, your day is coming next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if this is going to work. J-Bloggers can't agree on anything, much less the definition of the J-Blogosphere. Prepare to see daily contradictory edits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pearl - Thank you! I've been trying to figure out what to post... :)

    PT - True, but the *hope* is that they can remain neutral on this. It's a Wiki article, so with links both ways, maybe they'll behave... maybe.

    Chana - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I started the official JBlogosphere blog:

    JBlogosphere.blogpost.com (don't know what to put there yet...but decided it was worth claiming...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the great work! I am not worried about the disagreements; that's what being Jewish is all being!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

    ReplyDelete