Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another One Bites The Dust...

[Mood: Sad]

Chana appears to be calling it quits. For a variety of (obvious) reasons, I don't say which blogs are my favorites; however, I am going to make an exception. Before I started using an RSS/Atom reader, I would have to open each blog from my blogroll or by typing it in. Curious Jew was almost always one of the first I would open, wondering if Chana had posted yet another beautiful, inspiring, thought-provoking, and brilliantly written, put-together post. I'm not quite sure what happened (and honestly, I don't care), but this is what she wrote:
When this blog starts doing more harm than good, then I'm done.
When this blog starts upsetting people for no good cause, then it's not fulfilling its purpose.
As I wrote in the comments:
I hope you decide to do what's best for you, and if that means stopping, that's the decision you should make. But if think you are doing more harm than good, I think you underestimate the good that you do.
I sincerely hope this will not be the last we read of Chana. Regardless...
Chana, thank you for inspiring us all.
You will be sorely missed.

10 comments:

  1. I'm done writing goodbye posts. The Godol has quit at least 4 times now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but Chana's very different. She's not the type to keep going/coming back on a whim (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it me, or do you also feel that when a blogger quits, you have a lost a good friend that was always there to talk to.

    Oh well, at least we know Ezzie is sticking around. He has no job anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it me, or do you also feel that when a blogger quits, you have a lost a good friend that was always there to talk to.

    Different bloggers in different ways, but yes.

    He has no job anyways :)

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does blogging have a shelf life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzie,

    Why don't you invite chana to join the consiracy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope she thinks it over and decides to come back. I really enjoyed reading her blog. : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like the past few weeks have been rough on the JBlogsphere.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a shame to see her go, she was a fine writer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kasamba - Possibly.

    David - She's not politically focused...

    Irina - Me too.

    Blueenclave - Game over. :(

    Amishav - yep.

    ReplyDelete