Pages

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 5/26: Untitled

A quick note, since a certain Polish Housekeeper complained: Happy Birthday to my dear friends, Doc & Josh, who both celebrated birthdays yesterday! Both are engaged to be married, Josh in just a week and a half to Steph, Doc in about 6 months [don't ask] to PH. We love all you guys, and next year y'all will be celebrating your birthdays as married couples. That's awesome.

Roundup time: (I've [finally] become more discerning lately, picking 10-12 a night, I believe)

*Post of the Day*
This year in review by Fudge about her first year in college (wow, can this girl write). Her words really struck a chord with me, possibly because I will be going to my own college graduation this Sunday afternoon. Though I haven't really been in college this semester, it's starting to hit home that I'll finally be finished with school in a couple of months (have to finish up an elective), and that a huge group of friends will be moving on with their lives - and away from here. It's one thing to think "Okay, we might move away from everyone," but they're still there; it's another to think that when you come back, you won't recognize anybody and all your friends are gone. I have much more to say about this, but I think I'll leave that for another post.

Her dad, PsychoToddler, recaps the shiva for his own father. I wish I could have made it there to express my condolences... for now, this will have to do.
Had I not seen that post quite late at night, this one by Jameel would have been the must-read:
Secular Kids in Religious Schools. There are a number of great comments in that thread, so check it out. Sharpest line in the comments part:
Oh, I forgot -- a great line of the evening from one parent was: "I think we should check to make sure that these families don't speak lashon hara in their homes to see if they are religious enough. After all, none of us do. Right?"

[uncomfortable silence]
Meanwhile, on the topic of education, this is a must see, from Jewish Atheist: Mr. Rogers secures $20 million bucks from the Senate. I always loved that show.

And Jonah is halfway through grad school!
Blasts from the Past:
Elder of Ziyon has some maps of old Jerusalem. Really Old Jerusalem.

DovBear has a photo from the late 19th century - who knew Jews acted in such a way!?

Cruisin' Mom flips back just a couple of decades to the Westwood Theatre.
Olmert, Abbas:
Daled Amos notes the tough threat Abbas made to Hamas. I guess he's not interested in what Judeopundit notes they're offering any more than Israel is.

Meanwhile, EoZ didn't like the NYTimes on Olmert's speech. Rafi didn't like the speech.
Random:
Krum hilariously describes Shavuos night. Too true.

On the Main Line discusses some historical context for a piece of Gemara. My father-in-law would be so proud.

Robert gives his opinion on Al Gore's movie and on Al Gore - and points to a great piece on the subject.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, you didn't have to include me in the Roundup...flattered but unnecessary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Ezzie, thanks for including me in the round-up. I really didn't think anyone would even read that post, let alone link to it...so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JH - I think it's impressive.

    CM - Heh. I like when you reminisce.

    ReplyDelete