Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 5/16

Went to sleep early last night, so here are some good posts to check out. If you only have time for a few, read the ones in bold. [click on the timestamp. I really need to fix the template, eh?]

Hayom & SoccerDad also have some links.

Pleasure (?!):
"I Got Your Blog", the new hit single by PsychoToddler and Dr. Bean (of Kerchoff).

Skills everyone should have III - Robbie. Yuck.
Abuse:
Typolad of BAlC has a great post expressing his anger at not being surprised by sexual abuse allegations. Orthomom says something along the same lines, expanding on it a bit.

On the Main Line brings in a great point.

I'm Ha'aretz brings up another aspect in an excellent post.

And, semi-related, Wolf has a "Quote of the Day" - that's the problem, isn't it?
Issues:
Orthonomics with a heart-wrenching guest post on tuition and debt.

JoeSettler on how the rich get rich.

And Shanna discovers that God drives a BMW (picture). (via DovBear)

RafiG gives a little Torah on why we should do our best... and learns a lesson in unity from his tile guy.

Bein Adam L'Chavero's Oose writes his first-ever post. It's a doozy: "Do we really care?"
Lag B'Omer:
Treppenwitz describes celebrating it as well as one can...

Some people around here made a bonfire as well, and good for them - but it just isn't the same, ya know?

What it's all about: Life-of-Rubin.

Steg on why he celebrates.

DovBear discusses the Zohar.
Politics:
Sickos on the left (via EKvetcher)... and the right (via TownCrier). Interesting take by Romach.
Israel:
EoZ writes Reuters about "truces". Funny, sad, and true all at once.

SoccerDad links to the pictures from Daniel Wultz' funeral.
Miscellaneous:
I'm Ha'aretz had an unhappy Mother's Day.

Jack asks how people came up with their blog names. Interesting answers, so far...
Woah. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Whoa, those are great links! I'm glad I bumped into your blog. Great way to keep up with the jblogosphere!

    PS. Not spamming, but I've also posted about Lag B'Omer, though from a very different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll check it out (and welcome!).

    To all: I can't post or edit for now; Blogger is working on it. I hope to be back up over the next few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd call my post "pleasure," more like "facts of life." But either way, it's nice to be up top once in a while.

    Now to get in bold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's great right now?

    Ezzie can't post comments on here. I can post anything I want!


    (And I will, once I think of something snappy.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm - I think I can post comments here, because it's a pop-up... Test?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Robbie - just remember, I can post on your blog! (Well, in theory, when Blogger starts working.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, crap, you can. Maybe to make this fair, you should let me in on posting on yours..

    "SerandEzandRob"

    Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robbie - Not for me ;)

    Shtender - No problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the mention Ezzie. Bold even! I'm flattered. :-)

    ReplyDelete