Pages

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 5/19: Another Packed Shabbos

Actually, it's not too crazy. So far, it's only 5 guests eating over tonight and 3.9 tomorrow. (Yes, that says 3.9 - b'sha'a tova!) However, there will likely be a few more than 5 tonight - a few "maybe" responses. I'll probably go with lemon curry cutlets and Coca-Cola chicken tonight, and breaded cutlets and a good chicken & salami salad tomorrow along with some other sides.

Meanwhile, I went to sleep before midnight last night for the first time in... I have no idea how long. Of course, I could only do so because I only took about an hour nap yesterday morning after not sleeping a whole night.

And now that I've recapped my current status in life... here's a roundup!

Abuse:
Orthonomics gives guidelines on protecting our children.

RenReb finally speaks out.
Shidduchim Standards & People:
Shoshana (at BeyondBT) thinks people should be paying attention to the person and how they've gotten to where they are - not just the "they went where?! their siblings do what?! they did what?!" And she's absolutely right.

Irina notes she's coming around in terms of dealing with people.
Rabbinic Power:
Jewish Pros expounds on Jameel's great post.

Bein Adam L'Chaveiro
talks binary.
If I hold by one Gadol, why must I hold by them all? Does holding by them mean I must exalt them to a level that they are more than human? Do I not accept that my Possek may not be someone else's? In fact, might my Possek give someone else a different P'sak if his situation was different than mine?
Shifra notes how asparagus started the Reform movement. No, really.

Gil argues that the Torah allows for democracy.
Assassinating Hitler:
Treppenwitz has a great post on free will.

And speaking of Hitler, KesherTalk notes that Ahmadenijad wants Jews to wear yellow badges.
Gaza & Israel:
Oleh Yahshan notes it's Shirts and Skins.

Batya explains the differences between the disengagement and what's going on now.
Photos:
Sarah's making people dizzy. (Gorgeous.)

Dave has a great post on photographer bias.
Check it out!

10 comments:

  1. One again, thanks for the props...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! Shabbat Shalom! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the link!

    and for all the other links, i'm doing my motzei shabbos catch up and to try and get the flow of all the various posts, your roundup really helps.

    shavua tov!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess which chicken we made for shabbos?Yep,and the guys ate it all up!(Don't worry...no couples ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - my pleasure.

    KM - Heh. And to think, we had guys and girls who WEREN'T married! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats a brother got to do to get a mention? OK OK>>>>GO CAVS....

    Dag

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - You'll get in due time... :)

    ReplyDelete