Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Baruch Dayan HaEmet

A woman in our firm passed away today from brain cancer. The head HR person was walking around a couple of hours ago, obviously extremely shocked and saddened by the turn of events, clearly distraught by what had happened. When he said the name, it rang a bell, but it didn't click right away until Serach sent me a text message and I read this post from Eema2Four:
I received a phone call that just a short while ago Leah bat Isabelle was nifteret.
The levaya will be held on Friday, BE"H.
Not only was Leah an old friend of Serach's family from Monsey, she had a small impact on my life as well. When I first tried getting a job here, she was one of the people who put my resume in to the Human Resources department, which helped keep my name fresh in their eyes and eventually led to my getting the job here.

:( Baruch Dayan Emet. May her memory be a blessing...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, very sad. I lost my Mum the same way, she was only 49.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you worked with Lucy!

    Sorry, she'll always be Lucy to me.

    A little about Lucy...

    "I Loved Lucy.

    Love. I don't use that word a lot. There are very few people I would say that I love.

    I love my siblings. The biological ones and the ones who, by one way or another, have become a part of my family. In some ways, I love them a little more. Maybe because I don't feel like I "have" to love them.

    Like Lucy.

    Let me tell you about Lucy.

    Lucy was… always there. She was on my school bus, in my house for Shabbos, at our family simchas. I never put any effort into keeping in touch. After all, I knew I'd see her again.

    Now, I won't.

    The last time I saw Lucy was last Purim. I wish I'd known. I wish I'd told her how much I cared for her. I wish I'd thanked her for all the advice, all the jokes, and all the insight. I wish I'd looked at her two sons and said "Your mother is an amazing woman." I didn't though. I didn't think it needed saying.

    Did you know that it's very hard to kick yourself and cry at the same time?

    I can't tell her anymore. That chance is gone.

    So I'll tell everyone else.

    I loved Lucy."

    ReplyDelete