Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Skin

One of our favorite songs and videos here at SerandEz... (Ez: heh - I actually posted about these over a year ago!)

To me, at least, I've always found the song both incredibly sad and inspiring simultaneously. While the song is beautiful, I think it has a much greater impact when you listen while you watch the video at the same time. Did you cry? We once had a few guys at our old apartment, and they watched this... all of them had tears in their eyes. Rascal Flatts is an amazing band, with a number of really great songs. This isn't even my favorite of theirs, either. That would probably have to be Bless the Broken Road:

Also, please try the puzzle below if you haven't already. So far, it's taken everyone between 5 and 15 minutes, so it's not all that tricky... Later today, I'm going to put up the answers and what's so interesting about it all. :)

6 comments:

  1. firstly, thank you for recommending rascall flatts... easily my favourite songs these days. i listen to them over and over but they haven't been released here so my friends arent' familiar with the music!

    and 'skin' always is very moving to listen to. always a few shivers. so, secondly, thank you for posting the video because i hadn't seen it yet. now there's a tear or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell Ya! Go CAVS! They cavs should try and work out a deal to aquire Jason Kidd. I'll see you shabbos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved "Skin" for a while. The first 10 or so times I listened to it, I cried. Now, I can just listen to it and appreciate it.

    I actually had never seen the video until now. Of course I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Skin," it's one of my favorite songs, especially because where I'm from, what they call "show choir" is super popular, and my cousin and good friend sang this song as a duet as part of their show last year. It was awesome to see the whole choir up there singing it, and hard to keep from crying. Even the people on stage had a hard time with it, as it held special meaning for several of their classmates and teachers. Beautiful choice, Ez!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - I thought Australians dig country...!

    DGEsq - Kidd? No. Andre Miller!

    Peninah - It's amazing...

    Hila - Wow. That would be incredible to hear...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ezzie: yeh, i think they do but i've never really liked it much till now!

    ReplyDelete