Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

CAIR vs. FOX over 24 & Niddah Issues

I was supposed to post this a couple of days ago, but please take this survey/study a pair of researchers are performing about niddah and other related issues to help the Jewish community. It takes less than 10 minutes.

Elsewhere, SIL found this post by LGF which prints FOX's response to CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) regarding how they portray Muslims on 24. I think it's a great, fair response, and I'm actually surprised CAIR tried to make a big deal out of this in the first place. Not only is it a fictional story, it's one that has balance on both sides. A mailing list I'm on which is made up of people across the board had a number of people complaining about the pro-Muslim or very left-wing skewing of views, which were then responded to with points that many of those actually turn out to favor right-wing viewpoints. Personally, I think FOX is striking a nice balance - I was upset about certain scenes (even as it's just a TV show) and how viewpoints were portrayed in some instances, and I'm sure others were upset the other way, though I'd guess that was less true (excluding CAIR).

Meanwhile... 24 is awesome. :)

Powered by WebAds