Pages

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Eloquence

Some people can flat-out write well. (I'm not one of them.) Shoshana in No Education, Too? and LT in No Education for Women have both put up wonderfully written, well thought-out, unhurried posts on yesterday's education for women issue. They're both worth a couple of minutes of your time - feel free to comment away by them as well. While I'm on the subject, I'm Ha'aretz PhD had a good post on the subject yesterday as well called Charedi Women: The Stupider, The Merrier which relates over a terrible personal experience.

Other very good and/or interesting posts out there today, after the J-blogosphere seemed to have taken a nice break lately:
  • On the darker side, JBlogMeister was the first to break the tragic story of a 22-year old who - through no fault of her own - hit a 16-year old with her car. I can't imagine how I'd react to such a thing; hopefully the knowledge that she couldn't have done anything will let her get past it.
  • YeshivaWorld posts what is depressing to me, at least. I don't understand this at all.
  • On the lighter side, Treppenwitz has a wonderfully sweet story about one of his routines; Kasamba is hilarious as always, and the post gets a Mazel Tov; RaggedyMom speaks out for redheads (yay!); and TOWIK gets positive.
  • BeyondBT has a thought-provoking piece on ex-BTs.
  • NoyG rips nicely into people who don't speak properly.

15 comments:

  1. While I'm on the subject,

    On the subject of people who "flat-out write well"? Awww, shuck ezzie... thanks.

    Seriously though, did you notice that I actually had to cross out about 95% of my post because it was so terribly written? I cringed from all the negativity when I read it back this morning... you shouldn't be encouraging this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm blushing - thanks! Glad you enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I can tell you that the driver is tremendous shock over this horrible accident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, IH - no no. On the subject at hand. You don't count as "people who write well". :P Yes, I saw. That's impressive itself...

    Shoshana - Yay! Embarrassing people is always good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right back at you :P

    Hey, d'you think we could start a "celebrity fued". The last j-blog scandal was, what, 6 days ago? That's eons in internet years! Let's start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! Actually, a few of us may have something fun coming soon. We'll see... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey neighbor! (And fellow redhead?!) Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. RM, Kasamba - You're both very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!
    Thanks for the blog-pointer -
    so nice of you!!
    -Towik

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: the Yeshiva World post - why does it seem that lately, whenever all of the powers that be get together, they get it all wrong as to the topics they choose to focus on with such great urgency. Remember the recent missed opportunity for meeting about the agunah problem? Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOWIK - My pleasure.

    RM - Exactly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the kind words, Ezzie. I don't tend to take compliments well, but I want you to know I really appreciate this one.

    ReplyDelete