Some good stuff out there I noticed over the weekend, besides all the Orthomom hubbub: (from lighter to heavier going down)
Finally, read this post by DAG. How can anyone celebrate something that so starkly reminds them of their own loss?
- Sarah's mom's surgery went well!
- It's nice to have AbbaGav back.
- Do some good at Treppenwitz.
- SIW notes that sometimes, the journalists are the ones creating the news.
- Harry discusses objectifying women and mixed seating.
- DAG notes who the worst people are.
- Sephardi Lady questions when we should be tipping for mitzvos. I've often wondered about some of these - people get insulted if you do or don't tip, and it's confusing as to when a person should.
- Shoshana discusses the narrowing of what the Torah wants according to some... and how that seems to ruin the point.
- DovBear has a related and sad post from a 13-year old: How yeshiva destroyed him.
- I really enjoyed this post of Irina, talking about the failure of the Marketplace of Ideas. Very intriguing.
- R' Gil has an excellent (and rare opinion) post on empowering women and separate bussing. A must-read.