Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

Comment of the Day

Though I can argue the other side as well, I really liked this comment:
I think about this a lot. I have obligations here, responsibilities I couldn't take care of in Israel. But people always have responsibilities, don't they?

Will I ever feel as at home here as I did in my brief time in Israel? Will I-as a Jew-ever have the same opportunities here that I would there, if only because I feel like more possibilities are open to me, that what I maybe could do would matter so much more there? That Israel is still a place where things happen, and you don't just watch them on tv?

I think about these things and I want to go. But I don't. Because I have obligations, responsibilities here. Because I'm used to inaction and frustration. Because it's too easy not to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment