Pages

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 2/6: From the Heart

There have been a number of fantastic posts in the J-blogosphere the past week, but with busy season picking up steam, I simply don't have the time to link, read, and post as much as I'd like to. [Meanwhile, everyone reading this is thinking "Um, he still posts more than everyone but Jack..." - yeah, well, I've written almost 0 original thoughts, okay?]

A few notes on my part: Blogger II stinks. Half the blogs don't seem to take comments these days, I lost a really well-researched post I was writing, and I can't take advantage of some of the "new features" without losing a nice chunk of what I've got. Rex Grossman stinks. The interceptions he threw were clear picks the second he let go, as the Bears fans next to me screamed "NO!" when each one fluttered HIGH into the air, hanging up there long enough for any high-school safety or corner to get under. I think the second one was being clocked for hang time. And the fumbled snap was right in his hands - I know the ball is wet, but come on... it went right through, it didn't slide off.

Okay, on to the posts - a number of which are really from the heart:
  • 10) Robbie cleans up.
  • 9) This is a great reminder of why I love IsraellyCool. Hehe.
  • 8) Ayelet has love for geeks.
  • 7) SaraK links to a really well-made video (if you like Grey's Anatomy).
  • 6) This post by Treppenwitz about his new glasses which are helping with dyslexia is fascinating. We know quite a number of people with it, and [full disclosure] my sister-in-law is an optometrist in the NY/NJ area and recently opened a vision therapy center that does this type of work.
And on to the Top 5:
Finally a couple of bonuses from last week:

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Ezzie! I'm glad the topic spoke to you. There's nothing like a quiet house at the end of a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I made it to Ezzie's roundup! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing me to Shoshana's response!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger II totally sucks. I hate that they just made me upgrade.

    P.S. Go give Jack a lesson in why Lake Erie is definitely a beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Blogger II Rex Grossman's fault?

    ReplyDelete
  6. RM - True! (I'm nocturnal, so I especially appreciate this.)

    SaraK - :)

    JA - You hadn't seen it? Oy.

    Stacey - Oh, I will...

    Anon - LOL. Only if you're from Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ezzie, that the Nefesh b'Nefesh video on Frum Philly Farmgirl's site had me crying, too. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that I'm #1. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacey - Oh, I will...

    Ouch, oops, ouch. #%^#%

    That is a transcript of the recording I made of people hanging out at the puddle you call Erie.

    Thus sayeth Jack from the home of the Mighty Pacific Ocean.

    ReplyDelete