Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 2/14: May 1st...

...The day I have a life again.

In all honesty, busy season isn't "that bad" - it's the not having any hours to yourself that really sucks the life out of you. For most accountants: You get up, go to work, stay for 13 and half hours or so, go home, go to sleep, get up the next morning...and that's it. No time to enjoy your baby, spend time with your wife... even blog! ;) (Thank God for insomnia, right?)

I really enjoyed today's posts, and I hope you do as well. Some touch on really crucial issues which I wish I had more time to expound on - feel free to in the comments if you'd like, I may actually have time to respond to them at some points today, as the snow will likely keep a lot of people out of the office which means there will be a little more lag time...
  • Bonus: AbbaGav, since he only had 9 in his comeback. :)
  • 10, 9, 8: RafiG has the latest video from my alma mater's choir; LoR has a really good video - "Shine" - from another frum band called Ta Shma; and Pearl has a beautiful song by Amy Sky entitled Ordinary Miracles. I can definitely relate to those...!
  • 7, 6, 5: I think Stern girls are crazy. Check out the different (hilarious!) stories from Fudge, SJ, & Chana.
  • 4) SephardiLady is back with an Orthonomic roundup. Good stuff - as usual.
  • 3) JacobDaJew has a great post (also in SL's roundup) about education squeezing the middle class (and everyone else). Read A Robin Hood Affair.
  • 2) Orthomom has a fascinating post about how not to praise your child, lest you actually ruin how they perform in school [and life]. Note to parents, and I'd add teachers, since my parents were pretty good about this:
    STOP telling kids how smart they are. It makes them lazy.
  • 1) Finally, RenReb is always great for laughs, and this is a triple dose: Three conversations.
Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. feels good to be in a roundup again... even if it is for a post I did not even write (just posted a video)!!!

    almamater? you were in ybc? they are not around long enough for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JDJ - Great post.

    RafiG - No no. Hebrew Academy of Cleveland!

    ReplyDelete