A few that I just enjoyed:
Enjoy! Personally, I read a few pieces in both of the YU publications and enjoyed most the article I discussed earlier [see below] along with a few others; and I agree with Gil on having a Rebbe the first couple of years of undergrad [which may surprise some who know me]. I do think that a course in Tanach might be beneficial to many, though, and I don't know that people could gain as much learning it on their own as Gil suggests.
- R' Ally discusses Crazy Is Normal in response to a student's question regarding a girl he's dating.
- Wolf mentions an article about older singles in this week's Jewish Press and takes on the stupidity of some of them.
- DryBones has a great comic, but more importantly sharp post about the soldier who was almost killed yesterday when he accidentally drove into Jenin.
- IsraellyCool notes the astounding hypocrisy of the ISM regarding the incident.
- Our(formerlyAir)Time makes me want to fly ElAl when we next go to Israel. Sweet.
- Finally, R' Gil gives his impressions on the first editions of the YU Commentator and Observer, then takes on one editorial suggesting a change in the Yeshiva's learning curricula.
yay for the roundup again.ReplyDelete
with your new poll... what if you check all three at once? (on browser window... three tabs...)
Love the poll you've got up on the left..ReplyDelete
I don't see you around all that much anymore. Figured that work keeps you tied up.ReplyDelete