On the lack of side, there's this group:
On the common sense side, however:
- Wolf discusses an article saying that loshon hara causes... science. Oy.
- Meryl and Dave both discuss a suicide bomber who was shot by Israeli soldiers when they realized what he was. It's interesting to read the retelling of the story by different Palestinian news outlets... and just how quickly it changes for the worse. Sick. Worse yet, people on this side of the ocean buy into this garbage.
- ProfK discusses those who can't do the math: When you exclude someone who shouldn't be, then you don't have a whole group. I actually want to discuss something similar later, we'll see if I have a chance.
- and RafiG notes that some posters in RBS are likely actually fakes posted by the other side, in hopes of drumming up backward support for their cause. This isn't smart because not only is it easy to verify, but if you get seen, it's exponentially more inflammatory.
The best of them all for today, however, is this post by West Bank Mama: You Don't Need To Give Up Your Common Sense To Be An Orthodox Jew. Check it out.
- Life of Rubin links to and praises a very nice editorial on VIN News regarding R' Horowitz, in response to the letter to the editor in Mishpacha (and the subsequent post that was thankfully eventually taken down by Yeshiva World).
- RafiG has a couple of truly amazing stories that are worth checking out.
- Sephardi Lady has no true solution, but discusses the need for more exercise among kids in the frum community, tying it loosely to shidduchim and ED's.
- and Treppenwitz has another IDF heals Palestinian story, which rarely get enough press.