Pages

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Positivity

Holiday weekends are always nice, particularly when your boss will be on vacation the following week. Ahhh...

Two positive campaigns that are worth helping out and joining in:
  • Ads4Israel - (HT: Aunt Anne via FG) A man named David Suissa decided to utilize his talents and create this site, aimed at spreading ads about the accomplishments and contributions to humanity that come from Israel. The site very clearly notes that nobody can claim to be able to fix the PR problems Israel has, but "What we can do, however, is share some important news about Israel with the world." The ads are quite clever and clear, and I think will have a nice impact. You can see them on the site.
  • Life-of-Rubin (now at his nice new location) has started a campaign to take on one mitzvah.
    The campaign is to encourage everyone to take on one Mitzvah. Even if it’s a Mitzvah you already do, maybe this can be an opportunity to spend a little more time thinking about it when you do it. When I was about 20 years old I was going through a hard time spiritually. At the time I was around a lot of Baal Teshuvahs and it was through their excitement for the seemingly more basic concepts in Judaism, that I was able to find more own inspiration. At that time I decided to take on a Mitzvah that I’d make sure I do with Kavana and do it right. That Mitzvah was Mezuzah. Something I’m sure many of forget about it or just do in rote. We end up doing everything, but without the proper Kavanah. This is a chance to take upon one thing and give it the attention it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment