Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

BeyondBT/SerandEz Shabbaton

It's official:
You are cordially invited to the Beyond BT/SerandEz Shabbaton in Kew Gardens Hills on Shabbos Nachamu, August 15-16, 2008. Please join us for a full Shabbos program including relaxed, catered meals and personal thoughts on the themes of Integration, Inspiration and Individuality. There will also be a melave malka with the BBT Jam Band (in its newest incarnation).

Pricing to follow. We will find accommodations for those residing outside of Kew Gardens Hills on a first request - first serve basis. Please e-mail us at beyondbt@gmail.com with questions, comments, or to rsvp. We look forward to seeing you all there.

Two years ago, BeyondBT had their first Shabbaton, and it was really a little bit of everything: Interesting, relaxing, fun, inspiring, moving... I glanced back at the post I wrote immediately afterward, and it talks about how we stayed far later than we planned at the melave malka despite having to drive to Monsey that night and wake up just a couple of hours later. That weekend drew just over 100 people - some for the whole weekend, some like us who came for some parts of it.

Serach and I are sure this Shabbaton will be a great success as well, and we're really flattered that BeyondBT asked us to take such a nice part in this. If you're interested in joining us, please don't hesitate to contact them at the e-mail listed above, or if you'd prefer, you can contact me at serandez@gmail.com and I'll help you as much as I can.

We look forward to seeing/meeting all of you!

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you will be very busy - I'll take Elianna for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyone staying over for a certain blogger's wedding...??

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a conflict here with an aufruf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, you cannotke Elianna! She is the featured speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that case it is worth the price of admission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That obviously was "cannot take" above. Anyway, Dianna, we expect to see you at the shabbaton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. La la la

    -a- what is beyond bt?

    -b- you do know that that is preciselyfive days before I am (probably) coming back from Israel??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "we're really flattered that BeyondBT asked us to take such a nice part in this."

    I'm still not so clear on what exactly that part is? Is this for BBT members, SerandEz friends, both, both plus?

    In short, should I come?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still not so clear on what exactly that part is? Is this for BBT members, SerandEz friends, both, both plus?

    The theme is Integration, Inspiration and Individuality which means it's for just about everybody.

    At the last 2 Beyond BT Shabbatons we had many Beyond BT participants in addition to many who didn't read the site. Everybody is welcome.

    In short, should I come?
    Yes, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stam, Moshe - No no. :) I've already worked that out with BBT - will NOT be a conflict for me. Don't worry!!

    Diana - We'll see you there!!

    M - Sorry!!

    Bas-Melech - COME!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds interesting, but i've already got two conflicting obligations for that Shabbos — adding another one to the list would probably break the planet. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um... I'm just afraid of being the youngest person there. Don't laugh; it's embarrassing when everyone thinks you're a baby because you have a higher birthyear...

    [...wonders how much longer she can be considered "too young" for anything...]

    ReplyDelete
  13. BasMelech- I know *exactly* what you're talking about. My best friend calls me a baby all the time! I skipped a grade WAY back, so I'm doomed...

    ReplyDelete