Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Are People Overrated?...

...I still think that idea holds true for the most part, but perhaps there is hope after all*

-part two of a soundtrack in 2 parts-

--The following is intended strictly for the private use of our audience. Any reproduction or re-use in any form or by any means without the express written consent of the NFL is strictly prohibited.--

Original by Eric Clapton

SHEVA BRACHOS TONIGHT

As day approached evening
She wonders what clothes to wear
She puts on her make up
And puts on her long dark hair
And then she asks me
Do I look alright
And I say yes, you look wonderful tonight

We go to our party
And everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady
Who’s sitting down next to me
And then she asks me
Do you feel alright
And I say yes, I feel wonderful tonight

I feel wonderful
‘Cause I feel the joy shining from their eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that they just don’t realize
How tired we both are

It’s time to go home now
One more speech and I’ll be dead
So I give her the car keys
(That’s o.k. now that we’re wed)
And then I tell her
As I turn out the lights
I say my darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, can we skip tomorrow night's?

*almost had you going there for a moment didn't I...fear not, sarcasm is still the order of the day regardless of any other goings on.

3 comments:

  1. *almost had you going there for a moment didn't I...

    I'll admit - you did. :) But I still second the "awwwwwwwww". :)

    ReplyDelete