- Howard Smith (senior astrophysicist at Harvard) in the Jewish Week discusses Birchas HaChama, from its science to its spirituality.
- RafiG's daughter was asked to bring to class a unique chumrah they have for Pesach in their house. Comments are hilarious; personally, the one not to have any other chumras is the best (not the funniest). Better to laugh than to be sad that this is what goes on in schools, right?
- Some fun chumrahs. Gotta boil out that stomach!
- On the more normal side, R' Aviner suggets how to cheerfully clean for Pesach in less than one day.
- Chaim links to a great video.
- NMF#7 discusses shopping for meats in Israel, and finds a great site listing all the cuts of meat and their equivalents in Hebrew. She also has a great story contrasting Israel in '67 to now in terms of the abundance of fruit and vegetables.
Monday, April 06, 2009
EZ Reads: Pesach Cleaning - Birchas HaChama & Pesach
Please enjoy the eBook on Birchas HaChama that I was fortunate to assist R' Gil Student of Hirhurim in compiling. It is in printable form here. We certainly found it interesting, and hope you will as well. A few other posts and articles I've seen since which were interesting, either on Birchas HaChama or making Pesach:
Labels: Birchas HaChama, Chumrah, Israel, Pesach, Roundups
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
My cousin and I were told one year that we had to pour boiling water in our mouths to kasher our braces (this was mentioned to us while we were busy washing off all of our tiny braces rubberbands) - they were joking of course....ReplyDelete
Thanks for the link!ReplyDelete
Wow, now I have tons to read...
i do not get the big deal, i sae "oseh maseh bireshit" every time there is lightning!ReplyDelete
is it a mitzvah she hazman gramah (time causing mitzvah)?ReplyDelete
Stam - I remember those days...ReplyDelete
NMF7 - Good luck :P
Serach, Serach - Still for women, and yeah.