Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We're Going Back!

Anybody remember this?

Well, now I'm proud to say that eight of my fellow brother firefighters left on an 11:50pm flight last night to Israel to help out in areas of need. Four of the firefighters are from my firehouse (Monsey), and two more are from Spring Valley and two from Hillcrest. As far as I know right now they'll be split up into teams of two, each team going to different firehouses in areas like Sderot, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Be'er Sheva. Last time the guys just covered firehouses around Jerusalem. This time they're heading straight to the action. Most of the guys either covered their own ticket or found someone to sponsor them. I would ask for help from anybody willing, but it seems as of now that the trip is totally taken care of.

Oh, and Fox 5 covered it.

Oh yeah, and I plan on going (pending a ceasefire) on the second round that's leaving some time next week. (The only reason I'm not on the plane right now is because of a slight mix up.)

3 comments: