I know that there are plenty of wonderful and talented artists and other creative minds out there; a number of them are listed as contributors on this blog. It's a great way to showcase some of your work.The J-Blogosphere Arts Exhibition!
Show off your own talents while viewing masterpieces created by your blogfriends!
Not an artist? There's no better time to start! Try your hand at expressive doodling and display the results for our admiration.
There is no competition involved, just a fun game in which bloggers try to identify who created each piece. You will receive no criticism unless you request it.
Rules for entry:
1. Scan or photograph one or two of your favorite pieces. May include any art forms, including photos of 3-D works.
2. Remove your real name from signed pieces.
3. Upload your image to a hosting service such as imageshack.us, resizing the image if necessary.
4. Email a link to think613 at yahoo dot com. Specify whether you would like your piece to be critiqued or just admired, and sign the email with your blog ID.
5. Deadline for submissions is Shabbos Chanukah.
On a similar note, for all the writers out there, the National Jewish Outreach Program is running a contest through WebAds that could win you a trip for two to Israel. They're asking that you send in a picture or video of a piece of Judaica, and write a short essay or speak briefly about the piece and what it means to you and/or your family. See all the details here; it's really quite simple and it's always nice to reminisce a bit.
Does that mean I need to find some art or photographs I haven't yet posted?!ReplyDelete