Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Feeling Old

I'm sure anyone older than me will rip me for this, but here we go anyway. :)
  • June 10th: My parents will celebrate their 36th anniversary.
  • June 22nd: My sister and brother-in-law will celebrate their 10th anniversary.
  • June 30th: Serach and I will celebrate our 5th (!) anniversary.
  • July 3rd: My grandparents will celebrate their 66th anniversary.
  • November 3rd: My brother and sister-in-law will celebrate their 10th anniversary.
My oldest niece, Perfect, will soon be 9 years old. Elianna is 3 years old. Kayla will be 1 year old this week. Heck, even this blog turned 4 years old yesterday. Serach and I are about to turn 26 - which is substantially closer to 30 than 20.

Whether ourselves or our friends, we've seen people come, seen people go. We've watched as people have experienced the ultimate highs and the hardest of lows. We've had friends get married. We've had friends pass away. We've watched people lose jobs, find jobs, have babies, move from one stage of life to another... it's been crazy, looking back to how we viewed life just a few short years ago and comparing it to now.

I'm feeling old.

9 comments:

  1. Now you just need a pipe, slippers, and some words of wisdom to go along with your rocking chair. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you please give us all a breaaaaak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as the clerks in stores do not automatically ask you if you'd like the senior citizen discount, you aren't anywhere near old. As long as there is still a chance that a clerk will card you at a liquor store, you aren't old. As long as no one asks you about your cute granddaughters when you're out with the girls, you aren't old. Wait another 35-40 years and then tell us what old feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You feel old because you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is your niece called Perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erachet - :P

    Tzvee - Whaaat? :)

    ProfK - See?

    Jack - Thank you!

    Anon - Long story. Basically, because she's the ultimate teacher's pet/well behaved/etc. kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know it's all relative, don't you? I recently told someone that someone was 35. Her reaction was, "He's a baby!" I suppose that would make you not yet born. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry - no one's as old as Jack!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's right, 26 is downhill to 30. I didn't even get married until 28, had Bagel at 30. I just turned 41 and, well, look how I turned out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete