Sports is man's joke on God, Max. You see, God says to man, 'I've created a universe where it seems like everything matters, where you'll have to grapple with life and death and in the end you'll die anyway, and it won't really matter.' So man says to God, 'Oh, yeah? Within your universe we're going to create a sub-universe called sports, one that absolutely doesn't matter, and we'll follow everything that happens in it as if it were life and death.'" Sportswriter Sam KellermanSome good reads:
Finally, a great video via A Negative Benefit for all the Mac users... and those who like to make fun.
- Pazit notes that women should make money, not excuses.
- R' Fink of the PJC is disturbed, and rightfully so.
- An elementary graduation from a Berkeley school that professes "no -isms." Guess which -isms it seemed to portray?
- Meanwhile, 700 NYC teachers get paid to do nothing. Literally. (But government is efficient!)
- An interesting piece on camera views in baseball and their impact.
- The 10 most beloved Cleveland athletes.