Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Quotes to Live By

I've always had a few favorite quotes; lately, I've been adding to them. Feel free to drop some of your own in the comments. If you think I stole one from you, you may be right. :)
  • "Be yourself, because the people who care don't matter, and the people who matter don't care." - Serach [on the phone a couple of days after our first date]
  • "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued is just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." - Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • "Honesty is a hard attribute to find/when we all want to seem like/we've got it all figured out. Let me be the first to say/that I don't have a clue/I don't have all the answers/ain't gonna pretend like I do. Just trying... to find my way. Trying... to find my way/the best that I know how." - Trying, Lifehouse
  • "I wanted to change the world, but I realized it was too large of a task for one person, so I tried to change my community. That was also too hard, so I tried to change my family. That was also too hard, so I decided to try and change myself. And though it was very hard, I finally changed myself. And once I changed myself, I discovered my family changed, the community changed, and the entire world changed." - R' Israel Lipkin Salanter
  • "Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain
  • "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." - Albert Einstein
  • "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try and cheer somebody else up." - Mark Twain
  • "Laugh and the world laughs with you." - Uncle Marvin

Powered by WebAds