Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

O, Jerusalem

I'm just going to point to one of the better posts I think I've written, which was what I wrote last year on this day... about the same day four years previous. As there are so many other good posts that have or surely will be written elsewhere in the J-blogosphere, I will just point to R' Ally Ehrman's excellent post which sums it up so well. R' Ally is married to my cousin, and they live with their wonderfully cute children in the Old City of Jerusalem, so he's possibly the best type of blogger to read in honor of Yom Yerushalayim.

Excerpt:
Today is Yom Yerushalayim. I love this day because for the last 16 years I have been living in the Old City of Jerusalem and I LOVE it. I do my best never to leave, even overnight. The Midrash compares Jerusalem to our mother. I feel eternally connected to Jerusalem as to a mother. I would not have had this merit if not for the great miracles of 1967.
I'd be remiss if I didn't also link to a recording of the recapture in 1967 which also includes a transcript.

1 comment:

  1. http:/www.dailymotion.com/video/x105hx_prier-notre-meilleure-arme

    ReplyDelete