Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hey, Can I Practice On You?

Overheard today in the hospital...

A resident walks over and answers an elderly man's questions, telling him that they won't get the results back of his blood work for a little while. The resident then asks the man an interesting question:
Resident: Hey, you're not going to be doing anything for a while. Can I do an ultrasound on you?

Old Man: [pause] Okay.
If that wasn't enough, the resident wheels over the machine a bit later and talks to the man again:
If I see a baby on this thing, we have some serious problems.

4 comments:

  1. Reading this post made me feel like I was watching Scrubs. It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it was an ultrasound -- not stitches!!!

    I would do that.

    Good for the resident. Practice makes perfect. FFD would've done the same thing. Heck, he probably DOES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erachet :)

    Moshe - Wooooah... I didn't say he shouldn't, I just thought it was hilarious to hear! He said to the guy later on that he doesn't do them so well, so he wants to practice them. I think that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ezzie- the best part of the night was ELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thats a shout out to you, we are never, ever, naming our kid ella, thanks to that woman)!

    ReplyDelete