Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ticking Play Snapple

A few random thoughts...
  • Saddam is dead, in case you haven't heard by now.
  • I finally finished Off the Derech, after totally forgetting about it for two months. I think it's an amazing book that (sadly) we can all appreciate and relate to all too much, and we can all learn an incredible amount from. I can't remember a book where I so often thought, "Wow. That's me." or "Wow. That's my friend." so many times.
  • The Cavs need to shape up big time, especially on defense.
  • Lebron James just turned 22 today. That's insane. (I'm 23.)
  • Chana is turning 18 - that's pretty crazy, too, though she's not worth $200 million.
  • Serach and I got married exactly 2-1/2 years ago today!! (Now's a good time to catch up on the How I Met Serach series in the sidebar. The next installment should be going up pretty soon...)
  • This Friday and Shabbos were stark reminders of some of the things I love - and hate - about "frum" Judaism. A couple of other contributors here may have more to say on that.
Have a wonderful motzei Shabbos, all! We're off to the Five Towns to visit friends who live in Queens with the car of a friend from Monsey who is currently in Bermuda. That makes sense, really.

17 comments:

  1. 2.5 year anniversary...thats paper weights, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going to give details for the last point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Chana is turning 18 - that's pretty crazy, too, though she's not worth $200 million."

    Oh, she's gonna LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAG - Apparently, it's spending about $65 to have a nice out...

    Steg - Which one? :)

    RareFind - LOL. Wow, I *totally* didn't read it like that... I meant as compared to Lebron. I'm so dead, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ezzie, you have accomplished so much in just 23 years. Have a wonderful New Year's in Queens with the car of a friend who is from Monsey but currently in Bermuda (see, I got it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzie,

    You asked for it- DEATH, my friend. DEATH.

    *eyes glare in your general direction*

    The only way to properly amend this is to say that I'm worth MORE than 200 million dollars. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make a bit of sense... just a bit.

    Have fun in five towns, happy birthday for the birthdays, happy 2.5 year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Friday and Shabbos were stark reminders of some of the things I love - and hate - about "frum" Judaism. A couple of other contributors here may have more to say on that.

    Nu, just spit it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serach and I got married exactly 2-1/2 years ago today!!

    Oh, and my sympathy to your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  10. CM - Thanks! And can you explain it to ME?

    Chana - Uhoh. (runs)

    Sarah - Thanks! :P

    HH - Yeah yeah. And my sympathies to yours, as you know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HH - Yeah yeah. And my sympathies to yours, as you know.

    Oh ya, well, I wish I never met you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ezzie
    just sending a general 'hi' your way.
    Enjoyed your light post..and comments...got a few smiles from me...(cruisin mom and chana especially - lol)
    and thanks for the link in your next post to chana's blog..
    I've gone onto her before..but havent for a while and was glad to be redirected.
    She has a unique and wonderfully sharp mind
    Take care
    Happy 2.5 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Half-iversary! You're married about half as long as we are! Here's to lots more half and whole years of happiness together for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure it makes sense; my cousin's daughter and family live on the west side and park their car in CN.

    ReplyDelete