We're still sick here, though improving somewhat, so straight to the posts:
And now, on to the top 5:
- 10) Max Weiman lists the 7 habits of highly successful BT's.
- 9) Life-of-Rubin tries to get to the root of what allows a story like Kolko.
- 8) Sephardi Lady tries to figure out what we must do to keep such stories from happening in the first place.
- 7) Orthomom says the Agudah needs to answer some questions.
- 6) Shoshana doesn't have much sympathy for some of the people collecting money for a wedding. Excerpt:Wouldn't it make more sense to find these couples jobs so that they can support themselves and send them to financial management classes? Wouldn't it have been a better idea for the parents who are in such debt that they can't afford the expenses of a wedding and setting up a life for their child (which, if you ask me, shouldn't be the responsiblity of the parents anyway, I think if someone is ready for marriage, they should also be prepared to support themselves) to have their children working in order to help support the family and/or saving up for when they do want to get married?
- 5) XGH posts a fabulous essay from the Chief Rabbi: Palace in Flames.
- 4) Shoshana is looking for an alternative to "intellectual".
- 3) She also feels that asking questions is not "being not frum" - it's called "thinking".
- 2) Jewish Atheist is lacking a community. This is a post from the gut - honest and open.
- 1) Treppenwitz has an amazing story with his co-worker.