Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Well Waddaya Know V

Last week's question and answer:
How did Jack the Ripper get his name?
I was surprised by the voting, in that only one person voted "Other" and very few picked multiple answers (though perhaps many people didn't realize you could). Anyway, the least picked answer excluding "Other" was the correct one:
How did Jack the Ripper get his name?
He "ripped" victims. (killed)
7 (15%)
He sent letter about ripping victims to media.
5 (11%)
R.I.P. (Rest in Peace) turned into Ripper.
11 (25%)
He would slit victims' stomachs.
8 (18%)
A reporter gave it to him after an early murder.
15 (34%)
Other
1 (2%)
And the reason:
Jack the Ripper was a serial killer who terrorized England. He murdered five prostitutes and possibly two other women. He earned his name through a letter he wrote to the press: "I am down on whores and shan't quit ripping them."
This week's is up to the left. Feel free to discuss in the comments as always.

4 comments:

  1. Ah well, I was the "other." :-P

    I pondered googling it out of curiosity, but that would have been cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bas~Melech - Yes it would have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this time I googled only AFTER voting. And I was right :-D
    (Cheating or not, I was a 90's kid. A week is too long to wait.)

    I guess all those cognition and memory classes really paid off in the real world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading something about him being Jewish recently.

    ReplyDelete