Pages

Monday, February 04, 2008

The Super Bowl XLII Commercials

I watched the game with a few friends nearby, and we all thought this was the best of the bunch:

It was perhaps even funnier for us because Xvi, as the guy laid the trap and opened the bag, said that "He's going to run out of Doritos and try to get the one from the mousetrap, blah bl-" and then WHAM!

What did you think of the commercials overall, and which was your favorite? I thought that while most of them weren't hilarious, most of them were at least decent.

I liked the Coke ads (GOP vs. Dem, Stewie vs. WonderDog --> Charlie Brown), Bud Light was solid as always, the E-Trade baby ones were great, Shaq as a jockey was really funny, and Pepsi with Justin Timberlake. And of course, Planters.

Oh, and the game was the best Super Bowl I think I've ever watched. Wow.

13 comments:

  1. Fed Ex was good. The Planters commercial was GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great game. I'm glad for New York, even if I wasn't going for the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NFL super ad #1

    Timberlake #2

    Ragin' Cajun/Frist coke ad #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. G - You mean the Texans one? Yeah, I liked that, but I'd read about it beforehand, so I guess it wasn't like "Oooo".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ad that I really liked but understand if it fell flat for most:

    Audi spin on the Godfather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G - Fell kinda flat. Took too long to set up.

    But *damn* if that car ain't sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what was funny about the justin timberlake ad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hated the Justin Timberlake ad. And as a person who usually watches the Superbowl for the commercials, man, that was a kick-ass awesome game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the one you posted. I also liked the screaming squirrel one. I hated the one with the heart saying it quits. That one was GROSS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sales Genie was awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the last few minutes (Pats fan, but have TV) and watched a bunch of commercials on the internet after. The Doritos one was the only one I laughed out loud at - the best part was that you could clearly tell it was a guy in a mouse costume pummeling the guy in the last second!

    I was BEYOND unimpressed with godaddy - really, repulsed.

    ReplyDelete