Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boys & Girls

Bas~Melech has an interesting take on the differences between boys and girls... check it out.

From the first one:
Boys need pride. It's really very simple. You insult me, I punch you, now we all know who's stronger. (you can now proceed with the interrupted activity.) Note to teacher: Lay off his pride or he will fight you to the death. Yours. Every boy can succeed because he'll always be able to beat somebody. If you have a real weakling, chances are he's smarter than someone. If he's a dumb weakling, he'd better have a big brother, rich father, something. He'll be OK as long as he has his pride. That was easy -- this is why I teach boys.

Now let's talk about girls. Girls need friends.
From the second one:
Boys want life to be fair. ...

Girls want life to be nice. Though not as treacherous as "friends," "nice" can be frustrating in its own right. Mark my words and you will be spared disappointment in the future: Nice has no limit. You will never be "nice" enough. Now, girls believe in fair, too. They will use this word hourly, on average. Do not be fooled. Girls do not want fair. I repeat: Girls do not want "fair." When a girl says "It's not fair!" she really means, "I want you to be nicer to me."
I think this is also known as "males are logical, females are not."

2 comments:

  1. "I think this is also known as "males are logical, females are not.""

    Did you really say that out loud? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links.

    Allow me to rephrase your synopsis:
    "Males are logic-dominated, females are not."
    Females can be very logical, males can be illogical -- but their systems run on different fuels.

    PS, you're making it sound like I'm a self-hating woman. That is not quite so. I did put the positive spin on feminity as well, besides for all the caveats that explain how I can get away with being a logical-minded female ;-)

    ReplyDelete