Pages

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 4/9: Crammin' Time (Again)

Here we go again... I have a midterm this evening. Due to issues mentioned previously (which have NOT been taken care of), and a wonderfully cute new baby, I have only attended this class two times this semester. I bought the book with a friend, but only was able to get said book tonight. I have not slept yet - nor studied yet. I have no clue what I'm supposed to even be studying. Which means I'm going to take a short nap, call a friend after I think he'd be back from davening, find out all the work I owe for this class, learn how to do and do said work, and that will be my "studying".

The only thing saving me is that this course is somewhat of a review course. It's a course that only Touro gives, in an attempt to keep themselves in the Top 5 nationally in CPA passing rates, and is essentially a CPA Review course for parts of two sections of the CPA Exam. Therefore, I've learned most if not all of the material at some point in my college career - it's just a matter of remembering it, which is the tricky part. It also assumes that I learned it well enough the first time. Furthermore, since I missed the previous test, this grade averaged with my next grade will be the grade I receive for the first test; if I bomb this, it hurts me 1.5 times. Of course, if I do well, then I'm in great shape.

Of course, there's also the baby factor, the Pesach factor, the other classes I haven't even started after 2 months factor, the paper I owe from last semester factor, the Touro screwed up more paperwork factor, the senioritis factor, and the "I'm really sick of school and don't ever want to be in a classroom again" factor. [Thank God my other classes consist of 3 directed study courses, an online course, and an internship, when I find one.] Ugh. But, just because... I've got to get to sleep. So here's the roundup!

*Post of the Day*:
Chana's. Talk about powerful... and she was worried about this?!
Just a few others tonight, because of the post above this one:
JoeSettler has a brilliant, and surprising, analysis of the new Defense Minister: Amir Peretz.

Pearl wants to make a seder for bloggers - Heh!

Speaking of... Yitzchak's last line is awesome. :)

Gavriel's got 10 reasons his blogging is gonna slow down.

Sarah hits 3,000 - maybe it's the beautiful pictures? :)
Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Ezzie. To be clear, if my blogging indeed slows down for Pesach, it will be temporary, just until the matzah clears my system.

    Good luck with your exam and getting a nap -- hopefully as two separate endeavors; although, I can report having gotten a good grade on one exam back in my college days despite having taken a nap during the test. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link ezzie!

    good luck with the exam and getting some rest as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, and of course I was worried! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there was no blogging in my day, or I'd still be trying to finish. It took me over twenty years, and two countries, a husband, five kids, etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gavriel - Oh, I know. You'll always come back. Your "break" lasted what, a day? :)

    Sarah, Irina - Thanks!

    Batya - Heh. :)

    Chana - You shouldn't worry. Worrying accomplishes nothing... plus, you have nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete