Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 4/26

I'm leaving all the Yom HaShoah posts out of this roundup, sorry...

Daled Amos has a number of good links as usual in his weekly roundup. Many of you have thanked me for doing these roundups - thanks for that. I'm glad so many people are enjoying them and getting something out of them - that was [and is] the point, really. A couple people told me they feel that it really boosted the readership of some blogs by a ton - I think that's reflective more of the blog itself than the roundups. If people consistently like what you write, they'll keep coming back.

Two cases in point that were mentioned to me: Chana & Irina. Firstly, Irina had a nice readership before I ever went there; second, her reformatting helped a lot of people who simply had trouble reading it before though they wanted to. But most importantly, her posts are extremely thoughtful. People enjoy that, and they keep going back. Chana, on the other hand, likely had few readers when I first read her. But I wasn't the only one who linked to her, and there's good reason for that. Her posts are not only extremely well-written, they are also incredibly passionate - and then you realize she's 17 on top of that. Irina, Chana, and the others are the ones bringing their readers in because of what they write - not me. And if I did help a bit, wonderful - I'm happy to have done so.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm always looking for more good blogs to read, and I'm slowly realizing that some of my readers have blogs and aren't already among the ones I already read, so please - let me know in the comments about your blog so I can check it out!

Okay, and now, on to the roundup:

Quote of the Day:
Dave found one.
Joke of the Day:
Jack has an oldie but goodie. Always applicable.
Poem of the Day:
Shira's, to her son and many of us.
Responding to morons:
SoccerDad gets a few, ElderofZiyon a few more, and JoeSettler slaps a big one. Ze'ev is back and his last 3 posts are all top-notch, including this sharp one. Jameel is ticked and wants some space, too.
Some great writing:
Nephtuli breaks down some conventional wisdom on Roe, and S. questions it in the first place regarding Judaism.
Good, solid ranting:
Robbie on math, EK on Cleveland sports, and RenReb answering the questions she gets.
Beautiful thank-yous:
Treppenwitz to his company and Israel, and a guest at BeyondBT about her now religious children.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. well, that's dedication... blogging at 5.30 AM!!

    i like the roundups too :) there's always plenty of good reading there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the roundups... Whether they help raise readership or not, they are always a good way to find out about interesting post, and besides, the pretty colors are fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors! That's what I'm shooting for... ;)

    ReplyDelete